Sagely sentence example
- She looked at him, and he nodded as sagely as a five-year-old could.
- A magnificent gate gives admission to a fine avenue, lined with cypress trees and conducting to the tomb, a large and lofty mound, with a marble statue in front, bearing the inscription of the title given to Confucius under the Sung dynasty: - " The most sagely ancient Teacher; the all-accomplished, all-informed King."
- Although she is sagely waiting for the right contract to come her way, it's hard to imagine she will be waiting for long.
- Dangling indigo fairy lights approximate the spirit of opium: it drapes itself sagely across the raggedy spires of the metropolis.
- nodding sagely to his son.Advertisement