Sagartia sentence example
- (For an account of coral formations see Coral-Reefs.) In the present state of our knowledge the Zoantharia in which a primary cycle of six couples of mesenteries is (or may be inferred to be) completed by the addition of two pairs to the eight Edwardsian mesenteries, and succeeding cycles are formed in the exocoeles of the pre-existing mesenterial cycles, may be classed in an order Actinjidea, and this may be divided into the suborders Malacactiniae, comprising the soft-bodied Actinians, such as Actinia, Sagartia, Bunodes, &c., and the Scleractiniae, comprising the corals.
- cereus pedunculatus (Pennant ), Sagartia bellis (Gosse ).
- Sagartia troglodytes Many of the sandy pools contained the sea anemone Sagartia troglodytes although not in large numbers.
- Sagartia troglodytes with the tentacles retracted underneath a rock, with a drooping goblet appearance.
- Plumose, Beadlet and Sagartia troglodytes sea anemones were recorded.Advertisement