Sagaing sentence example
- It stretches along both sides of the Irrawaddy from the north of Mandalay to Thayetmyo, and embraces the Lower Chindwin, Shwebo, Sagaing, Mandalay, Kyaukse, Meiktila, Yamethin, Myingyan, Magwe, Pakokku and Minbu districts.
- Spurs of the Chin hills run down the whole length of the Lower Chindwin district, almost to Sagaing, and one hill, Powindaung, is particularly noted on account of its innumerable cave temples, which are said to hold no fewer than 446,444 images of Buddha.
- Two sawbwas are under the supervision of the commissioner of the Mandalay division, and two under the commissioner of the Sagaing division.
- Salt is manufactured at various places in Upper Burma, notably in the lower Chindwin, Sagaing, Shwebo, Myingyan and Yamethin districts, as well as at Mawhkio in the Shan State of Thibaw.
- Since the annexation of Upper Burma this has been extended to Mandalay, and the Mu Valley railway has been constructed from Sagaing to Myitkyina, a distance of 752 m.Advertisement
- AVA, the ancient capital of the Burman empire, now a subdivision of the Sagaing district in the Sagaing division of Upper Burma.
- It is situated on the Irrawaddy on the opposite bank to Sagaing, with which it was amalgamated in 1889.
- SHWEBO, a town and district in the Sagaing division of Upper Burma.
- West of the Mu river, in the centre of the district, there is a gradual ascent to the hills which divide Sagaing from the Upper Chindwin.
- SAGAING, a district and division of Upper Burma, lying to the south and west of Mandalay.Advertisement
- The total rainfall in 1905 was 34.76 in., taken at Sagaing.
- Sagaing, the headquarters town, is opposite Ava, a few miles below Mandalay; pop. (190') 9643.
- It is the limit of navigation on the Irrawaddy, and the terminus of the railway from Rangoon and Sagaing.
- The Sagaing division includes the four districts of Upper and Lower Chindwin, Shwebo and Sagaing; area, 29,566 sq.