Saenz sentence example
- The choice fell upon Dr Saenz Pena, a judge of the supreme court, and a man universally respected, who had never taken any part in political life.
- Such was his energy, that soon a network of branches of the Union Civica Radical was organized throughout the republic, and Dr Bernardo Irigoyen was put forward as a rival candidate to Dr Saenz Pena.
- All his acts were opposed, legislation was at a standstill and every effort was made to force Dr Saenz Pena to resign.
- On the 21st of January Dr Saenz Pena at last perceived that his position was untenable, and he handed in his resignation.
- In the following month (May), the presidential elections were held; Dr Saenz Pena was declared duly elected, and Dr Jose Uriburu, the minister in Chile, was chosen as vice-president.Advertisement
- The idea of Dr Saenz Pena was to conduct the government on common sense and non-partisan lines, in fact to translate into practical politics the principles which underlay the compromise of the Acuerdo.