Saddharma sentence example
- Another of Yung-lo's bells is hung in a Buddhist temple outside the north-west angle of the city wall, and is covered both on the inside and outside with the Chinese texts of the Lankavatara Sutra, and the Saddharma pundarika Sutra.
- Of greater importance for the history of Buddhism are two later works, the Netti Pakarana and the Saddharma Pundarika.
- Foucaux, and the Saddharma Pundarika, translated into English by Professor Kern.
- Thus it is a fair inference to draw from the shortness of the list in the opening words of the Lalita Vistara, as compared with that in the first sections of the Saddharma Pundarika, that the latter work is much the younger of the two, a conclusion supported also by other considerations.
- Among the Bodhisats mentioned in the Saddharma Pundarika, and not mentioned in the Lalita Vistara, as attendant on the Buddha are Manju-sri and Avalokitesvara.Advertisement
- Vinaya Texts, by Rhys Davids and Oldenberg, 3 vols., 1881-1885; Dhammapada, by Max Muller, and Sutta Nipata, by Fausboll, 1881; Questions of King Milinda, by Rhys Davids, 2 vols., 1890-1894; Buddhist Suttas, by Rhys Davids, 1881; Saddharma Pundarika, by Kern, 1884; Buddhist Mahayana Texts, by Cowell and Max Muller, 1894 - all the above in the "Sacred Books of the East"; Jataka, vol.