Sacerdotio sentence example
- On the occasion of his inauguration he maintained for thesis De Sacerdotio Christi.
- So early as 1725, in an addition to his edition of Chrysostom's De Sacerdotio, he had given an account in his Prodromus Novi Testamenti Graeci recte cauteque adornandi of the principles on which his intended edition was to be based.
- He had, ten years before this, only escaped promotion to the episcopate by a very questionable stratagem - which, however, he defends in his instructive and eloquent treatise De Sacerdotio.
- Bengel's edition of De Sacerdotio (1725) has been often reprinted (e.g.
- Two brief anti-Romanist tracts, one entitled De fugiendis impiorum sacris, the other De sacerdotio papali abjiciendo, were also published early in this year.Advertisement