Saccharic sentence example
- Since both d-glucose and d-gulose yield the same active (d) saccharic acid on oxidation, the configuration of this and the corresponding /-acid must be sought from among those numbered 5-10 in the above table.
- 7 and 8 can be at once ruled out, however, as acids so constituted would be optically inactive and the saccharic acids are active.
- 5, therefore, represents the configuration of one of the saccharic acids, and No.
- The best instruments are now constructed for revenue purposes of silver, heavily gilded, because it was found that saccharic acid contained in some spirits attacked brass behind the gilding.
- Moderately strong nitric acid changes it into mucic, saccharic, tartaric and oxalic acids.Advertisement
- It may also be obtained (together with racemic acid) by oxidizing milk sugar, saccharic acid, &c., with nitric acid, and by the reduction of oxalic ester with sodium amalgam (H.