Saccas sentence example
- The founder of the Neoplatonic school in Alexandria is supposed to have been Ammonius Saccas.
- Ammonius Saccas >>
- AMMONIUS SACCAS (3rd century A.D.), Greek philosopher of Alexandria, often called the founder of the neo-Platonic school.
- Dehaut, Essai historique sur la vie et la doctrine d'Ammonius Saccas (Brussels, 1836); E.
- Zeller, "Ammonius Saccas and Plotinus," Arch.Advertisement
- At Alexandria he attended the lectures of Ammonius Saccas, the founder of the system, until 242, when he joined the Persian .expedition of Gordian III., with the object of studying Persian and Indian philosophy on the spot.
- With indomitable perseverance he applied himself to these subjects; although himself a teacher, he regularly attended the lectures of Ammonius Saccas, and made a thorough study of the books of Plato and Numenius, of the Stoics and the Pythagoreans.