Sabinus sentence example
- He was twice married, and had several sons, of whom Eusebius held a chair of philosophy at Wittenberg, and married Melanchthon's grand-daughter, Anna Sabinus.
- Melanchthon gave him (1547) an introduction to his son-in-law, Georg Sabinus, at Konigsberg, where he was tutor to some Polish youths, and rector (1548) of the Kneiphof school.
- Appius Sabinus Inregillensis, Or Regillensis, Claudius, so called from Regillum (or Regilli) in Sabine territory, founder of the Claudian gens.
- Meanwhile Sabinus was victorious on the northern coasts, and Crassus subdued the Aquitani.
- After the death of Vitellius, the inhabitants refused to join the Gallic revolt against Rome instigated by Julius Civilis and Julius Sabinus, and drove back Sabinus, who had invaded their territory.Advertisement
- When the emperor's downfall appeared imminent, Tigellinus deserted him, and with Nymphidius Sabinus brought about the defection of the praetorians.
- The work was discovered by Poggio, who copied the original manuscript Editio princeps (books 14-26) by Sabinus, 1474; completed by Accursius, 1533; with variorum notes, by Wagner-Erfurdt, 1808; latest edition of text, Gardthausen, 1874-1815.