Saberht sentence example
- In 604 we find Essex in close dependence upon Kent, being ruled by Saberht, sister's son of iEthelberht, under whom the East Saxons received Christianity.
- The three sons of Saberht, however, expelled Mellitus from his see, and even after their death in battle against the West Saxons, Eadbald of Kent was unable to restore him.
- The following is a list of kings of Essex of whom there is record: Saberht (d.
- c. 617); three sons of Saberht, including probably Saweard and Seaxred; Sigeberht (Parvus); Sigeberht II.; Swithhelm (d.
- Ã†thelberht exercised a stricter sway over Essex, where his nephew Saberht was king.Advertisement
- Ãƒâ€ thelberht exercised a stricter sway over Essex, where his nephew Saberht was king.