Saarbriicken sentence example
- Having held educational posts at Saarbriicken and Dusseldorf, in 1836 he became extraordinary professor of philosophy at Bonn, and in 1840 full professor.
- of Coblenz, on the main lines of railway from Coblenz to Metz and from Cologne to Saarbriicken.
- On the Schlossberg near the town are the ruins of the castle of the counts of Forbach, a branch of the counts of Saarbriicken.
- from Mannheim, at the junction of lines to Neustadt an der Hardt, Weissenburg and Saarbriicken.
- According to a calculation made by P. Frech in 1900, on the basis of the then rate of production, the coalfields of central France, central Bohemia, the kingdom of Saxony, the Prussian province of Saxony and the north of England, would be exhausted in 100 to 200 years, the other British coalfields, the Waldenburg-Schatzlar and that of the north of France in 250 years, those of Saarbriicken, Belgium, Aachen and Westphalia in 600 to Boo years, and those of Upper Silesia in more than 1000 years.Advertisement
- The independent territory was at first a countship, the counts being descended from Henry I., youngest son of Simon I., count of Saarbriicken (d.
- FORBACH, a town of Germany in the imperial province of Alsace-Lorraine, on an affluent of the Rossel, and on the railway from Metz to Saarbriicken, 52 m.