Saalhof sentence example
- The Saalhof, built on the site of the palace erected by Louis the Pious in 822, overlooking the Main, has a chapel of the 12th century, the substructure dating from Carolingian times.
- The façade of the Saalhof in the Saalgasse dates from 1604, the southern wing with the two gables from '715 to 1717.
- The public picture gallery in the Saalhof possesses works by Hans Holbein, Grunewald, Van Dyck, Teniers, Van der Neer, Hans von Kulmbach, Lucas Cranach and other masters.
- Louis the Pious dwelt more frequently at Frankfort than his father Charlemagne had done, and about 82 3 he built himself a new palace, the basis Of the later Saalhof.
- The faÃ§ade of the Saalhof in the Saalgasse dates from 1604, the southern wing with the two gables from '715 to 1717.Advertisement