Rigueur sentence example
- Anchors with ropes and sailboats are de rigueur with nautical themes.
- It is de rigueur that he should carry some piece of iron on his person.
- Insulation includes recycled newspaper, wood, and cotton denim jeans the latter a de rigueur item of clothing among the student community.
- A glass of wine at lunchtime with your steak frites, unthinkable in Southwark, is suddenly de rigueur.
- Alba chose to forgo the celebrity wedding de rigueur Vera Wang dress.Advertisement
- Muffs used to be de rigueur, despite the concern that they were one more thing for a child to lose.
- Hats: Although baseball caps seem to have become de rigueur for everyone from men and women to children, there are places where it's better to remove your cap (or any type of hat) before you enter the building.
- A glowing tan and tousled hair is de rigueur.
- In many parts of the world, especially southern Europe, toplessness is so widespread as to be practically de rigueur.
- Masks are almost de rigueur and if they match the costume exactly, so much the better.Advertisement
- An open-neck, puffy shirt with ruffles, a weathered frock coat, belt for one's sword, snug trousers, knee-high boots and a tri-cornered hat are de rigueur.
- This is another black babydoll, which is de rigueur for this style, but what is not quite as common is the way in which this open cup style appears.
- Naturally beads are de rigueur at Mardi Gras, though you can develop your own system for handing them out at your birthday party.