Rendu sentence example
- Tyndall's own summary of the course of research on the subject was as follows: The idea of semi-fluid motion belongs entirely to Rendu; the proof of the quicker central flow belongs in part to Rendu, but almost wholly to Agassiz and Forbes; the proof of the retardation of the bed belongs to Forbes alone; while the discovery of the locus of the point of maximum motion belongs, I suppose, to me.
- Reports of excavations appear in the Cornpte rendu of the Imperial Archaeological Commission of St Petersburg from 1888 and in its Bulletin.
- But even then the dates will not suit; for Lionne wrote to Colbert on July 27, saying, "Pregnani has been so slow on his voyage that he has only given me (m'a rendu) your despatch of July 4 several days after I had already received those of the 8th and the 11th."
- In 1781 he published his famous Compte rendu, in which he drew the balance sheet of France, and was dismissed from his office.
- It appears that both red and white wines were produced there in the reign of the Roman emperor, Probus (in the 3rd century A.D.), and according to Victor Rendu the queue of wine was already worth 19 livres in the time of Francis II., and had, in 1694, attained to the value of woo livres.Advertisement
- See Boudinhon, " Note sur le concile de Laodicee," in the Compte rendu du premier congres des savants catholiques a Paris, 1888 (Paris, 1889), vol.