Redruth sentence example
- Caesium is found in the mineral springs of Frankenhausen, Montecatini, di Val di Nievole, Tuscany, and Wheal Clifford near Redruth, Cornwall (W.
- In Cornwall and Devon it is associated with cassiterite in the tinlodes, but is also found in the copper-lodes: well crystallized specimens have been obtained from the neighbourhood of Tavistock, Redruth and St Agnes.
- REDRUTH, a market town in the Camborne parliamentary division of Cornwall, England, 17 m.
- A museum attached to the science and art schools and a miners' hospital are notable institutions in Redruth.
- It is clear from these facts that, prior to Murdoch's experiments, it was known that illuminating gas could be obtained by the destructive distillation of coal, but the experiments which he began at Redruth in 1792, and which culminated in the lighting of Messrs Boulton, Watt & Co.'s engine works at Soho, near Birmingham, in 1802, undoubtedly demonstrated the practical possibility of making the gas on a large scale, and burning it in such a way as to make coal-gas the most important of the artificial illuminants.Advertisement
- Redruth dominated the early stages, and Moon earned applause for a number of excellent clearance kicks to touch.
- Together with the neighboring settlements of Redruth and Pool it forms the largest urban conurbation in Cornwall.
- This placed it at the forefront of technology and the Camborne, Redruth and Hayle area in particular became a melting pot of inventiveness.
- Redruth's recently restored railroad station is early nineteenth century.