Redhot sentence example
- Schwanert, Ann., 1860, 116, p. 2 57); by passing the vapour of dietbylamine through a redhot tube; by distilling succinimide with zinc dust (C. A.
- For steel which has been made redhot, suddenly cooled, and then let down to a yellow temper, the critical value of the magnetizing force is smaller than for steel which is either softer or harder; it is indeed so small that the metal contracts like nickel even under weak magnetizing forces, without undergoing any preliminary extension that can be detected.
- Having its ignition point below that of ordinary gas, it can be ignited by any redhot carbonaceous matter, such as the brightly glowing end of a cigar.
- Temporary cement for lathe-work, such as the polishing and grinding of jewelry and optical glasses, is compounded thus: - rosin, 4 oz.; whitening previously made redhot, 4 oz.; wax, 4 oz.
- Great efforts were made to obtain mercy for the accused, but the crime was considered too heinous, and the pope (Clement VIII.) refused to grant a pardon; on the i ith of September 1599, Beatrice and Lucrezia were beheaded, and Giacomo, after having been tortured with redhot pincers, was killed with a mace, drawn and quartered.Advertisement