Reden sentence example
- He has published, amongst other works, Schleiermachers Stellung zum Christentum in seinen Reden fiber die Religion (1888), and a Life of his father (2 vols., 1829-96).
- Neumann, Reden des Gotamo Buddho (3 vols.; Leipzig, 1896-1898); Lieder der Monche and Nonnen (Berlin, 1899); Max Mtiller and V_ Fausboll, Dhammapada and Sutta Nipata (Oxford, 1881).
- Among his other works are: Die Perserkriege and die Burgunderkriege (Berlin, 1887); Historische and politische Aufscitze (1886); Erinnerungen, Aufsdtze and Reden (1902); Die Strategie des Perikles erldutert durch die Strategie Friedrichs des Grossen (1890); Die Polenfrage (1894); and Das Leben des Feldmarschalls Grafen Neithardt von Gneisenau (1882 and 1894).
- Windthorst's Ausgewahlte Reden were published in three volumes (Osnabruck, 1901-1902).
- On the story of Cain, see especially Sta de,A kademische Reden,pp.229-273; Ed.Advertisement
- In his addresses on the future of the Protestant Church (Reden fiber die Zukunft der evangelischen Kirche, 1849), he finds the essence of Christianity in Jesus's conceptions of the heavenly Father, the Son of Man and the kingdom of Heaven.
- In1807-1808he delivered at Berlin, amidst danger and discouragement, his noble addresses to the German people (Reden an die deutsche Nation).
- In his sermons (Heilige Reden) considerable eloquence is shown, and a mastery of style which justifies the position he held as president of the German Society.
- Harnack, Spriiche and Reden Jesu, die zweite Quelle des Matthdus and Lukas (1907).
- He distinguishes religion from philosophy as feeling in Schreier- contrast with thought; but when he has done that (Reden fiber die Religion, 1799) he has little to add.Advertisement
- Do the unchecked individual enthusiasm of the Reden, and the loyalty to established beliefs required in the later writings, combine to form a living theology?
- The aim of the work was to reform Protestant theology by means of the fundamental ideas of the Reden, to put an end to the unreason and superficiality of both supernaturalism and rationalism, and to deliver religion and theology from a relation of dependence on perpetually changing systems of philosophy.
- Medical science further owes to him the classification of new growths on a natural histological basis, the elucidation of leucaemia, glioma and lardaceous tumours, and detailed investigations into many diseases - tuberculosis, pyaemia, diphtheria, leprosy, typhus, &c. Among the books he published on pathological and medical subjects may be mentioned Vorlesungen fiber Pathologic, the first volume of which was the Cellular-pathologic (1858), and the remaining three Die Krankhaften Geschwiilste (1863-67); Handbuch der speziellen Pathologic and Therapie (3 vols., 1854-62), in collaboration with other German surgeons; Gesammelte Abhandlungen zur wissenschaftlichen Medizin (1856); Vier Reden fiber Leben and Kranksein (1862); Untersuchungen fiber die Entwicklung des Schlidelgrundes (1857); Lehre von den Trichinen (1865); Ueber den Hunger-typhus (1868); and Gesammelte Abhandlungen aus dem Gebiete der afentlichen Medizin and der Seuchenlehre (1879).