Reddishbrown sentence example
- If the substance does not melt but changes colour, we may have present: zinc oxide - from white to yellow, becoming white on cooling; stannic oxide - white to yellowish brown, dirty white on cooling; lead oxide - from white or yellowish-red to brownish-red, yellow on cooling; bismuth oxide - from white or pale yellow to orange-yellow or reddish-brown, pale yellow on cooling; manganese oxide - from white or yellowish white to dark brown, remaining dark brown on cooling (if it changes on cooling to a bright reddishbrown, it indicates cadmium oxide); copper oxide - from bright blue or green to black; ferrous oxide - from greyish-white to black; ferric oxide - from brownish-red to black, brownish-red on cooling; potassium chromate - yellow to dark orange, fusing at a red heat.
- ramosus is a larger plant, the large white flowers of which have a reddishbrown line in the middle of each segment.
- Aurous bromide, AuBr, is a yellowish-green powder obtained by heating the tribromide to 140°; auric bromide, AuBr 3, forms reddish-black or scarlet-red leafy crystals, which dissolve in water to form a reddishbrown solution,and combines with bromides to form bromaurates corresponding to the chloraurates.
- australis, both being of a dark reddishbrown, longitudinally striped with light yellowish-brown, while A.
- The back of the Russian squirrel has an even close fur varying from a clear bluish-grey to a reddishbrown, the bellies in the former being of a flat quality and white, in the latter yellowish.Advertisement
- high, "some like gigantic tusks, some like sugar-loaves, and some like vast stalagmites," but all consisting of iron-grey or reddishbrown conglomerate of gneiss, mica-slate, syenite and greenstone.
- The fur is of some commercial value, although rather stiff and harsh; its colour being reddishbrown.
- The bichromates are usually of a red or reddishbrown colour, those of the alkali metals being readily soluble in water.
- Aurous bromide, AuBr, is a yellowish-green powder obtained by heating the tribromide to 140Ã‚°; auric bromide, AuBr 3, forms reddish-black or scarlet-red leafy crystals, which dissolve in water to form a reddishbrown solution,and combines with bromides to form bromaurates corresponding to the chloraurates.
- Lilium Auratum - Some forms have flowers nearly I foot across, with broad white petals copiously spotted with reddishbrown, and having broad bands of golden-yellow down the centre.Advertisement