Redactional sentence example
- - The analysis of these chapters shows that the history, in the main, has been derived from the two sources J and E, chiefly the former, and that a later editor has included certain passages from P, besides introducing a slight alteration of the original order and other redactional changes.
- 8 and 13 must be regarded as redactional.
- 30-34, but the passage has probably been revised by a later hand; in any case its position before instead of after the dismissal would seem to be redactional.
- Apart from a few redactional glosses the chapter as a whole belongs to P. The punishment of Nadab and Abihu by death for offering " strange fire " (x.
- Apart from these redactional additions, chap. xxi.Advertisement
- Redactional links have been added, apparently by D, to whom is possibly due the stanza quoted from the book of Jashar (v.
- 15-17), are of a literary character different from the detailed narratives; the redactional or annalistic style is noticeable, and they contain features characteristic of the annals which form the framework of Kings.
- Many redactional aims are not only theological but also sociological in the sense that the author attempts to oppose one social construction with another.