Recog sentence example
- 3 seq.; Recog.
- THALES OF MILETUS (6 40-546 B.C.), Greek physical philosopher, son of Examyus and Cleobuline, is universally recog nized as the founder of Greek geometry, astronomy and philosophy.
- The uti possidetis as regards territorial possession was recog nized.
- 20, 23; Recog.Advertisement
- Trial by ordeal and domestic slavery are still among the recog nized institutions.
- There is more plausibility in connecting Simon's assumed knowledge of things above the heavens (Recog.
- We need not, therefore, see in Recog.
- Authorities are generally agreed in recog nizing three periods: - (1) from the end of the Regal epoch to the second Punic War, when Rome was influenced by other peoples in Italy, with whom she was brought into contact by commerce or war; (2) from the second Punic War to the end of the Republic, when contact with Greek and oriental sources and the growth of literature revolutionized religious notions and led to a philosophic scepticism; (3) the Imperial epoch, opening with a revival of old religious notions and later marked by the official worship of the deified emperors and the wide influence of oriental cults.