Rechin sentence example
- But Fulk le Rechin (the Cross-looking), brother of Geoffrey the Bearded, who had at first been contented with an appanage consisting of Saintonge and the chcitellenie of Vihiers, having allowed Saintonge to be taken in 1062 by the duke of Aquitaine, took advantage of the general discontent aroused in the countship by the unskilful policy of Geoffrey to make himself master of Saumur (25th of February 1067) and Angers (4 th of April), and cast Geoffrey into prison at Sable.
- Rechin (1068-14th of April 1109) had to carry on a long struggle with his barons, to cede Gatinais to King Philip I., and to do homage to the count of Blois for Touraine.
- On the 15th of May 1092 he carried off Bertrada, daughter of Simon, baron de Montfort, wife of Fulk Rechin, and prepared to marry her, though his wife Bertha was still living.
- But they seem to have gone on living together, and even visited Fulk Rechin (Bertrada's husband) in company on the 15th of October 1106.
- Elizabeth having died in 1000, Fulk married Hildegarde of Lorraine, by whom he had a son, Geoffrey Martel, and a daughter Ermengarde, who married Geoffrey, count of Gatinais, and was the mother of Geoffrey "le Barbu" (the Bearded) and of Fulk "le Rechin" (see ANJou).Advertisement
- In the struggle between Fulk Rechin and his brother Geoffrey the Bearded for the inheritance of their uncle, Geoffrey Martel (d.