Recceswinth sentence example
- After this change had been accepted, Recceswinth (649672) made a new code, which was applicable to Visigoths and Romans alike.
- It comprises 324 constitutions taken from Leovigild's collection, a few of the laws of Reccared and Sisebut, 99 laws of Chindaswinth (642-653), and 87 of Recceswinth.
- A recension of this code of Recceswinth was made in 681 by King Erwig (680-687), and is known as the Lex Wisigothorum renovata; and, finally, some additamenta were made by Egica (687-702).
- In Zeumer's edition of the Leges Wisigothorum the versions of Recceswinth and Erwig, where they differ from each other, are shown in parallel columns, and the laws later than Erwig are denoted by the sign "nov."
- Among the West Goths written laws had already been put forth by Euric. The second Alaric (484-507) put forth a Breviarium of Roman law for his Roman subjects; but the great collection of West Gothic laws dates from the later days of the monarchy, being put forth by King Recceswinth about 654.Advertisement
- (620621), Swintella, associated with his son Reccimer (621631), Sisinand (631636), Chintila (636640), Tulga (640641), Chindaswinth(64165 2), Recceswinth (649672).
- 641652 1 make the crown hereditary, by Recceswinth.