Reccared sentence example
- It comprises 324 constitutions taken from Leovigild's collection, a few of the laws of Reccared and Sisebut, 99 laws of Chindaswinth (642-653), and 87 of Recceswinth.
- Peter Fullo, bishop of Antioch, was the first to use it in the East, and in the West a council held by King Reccared at Toledo in 589.
- King Reccared's council is usually credited with the introduction of the words " And the Son " into clause 9 of the creed.
- The ancient collegiate church of San Maximo occupies the traditional site of a cathedral founded by the Visigothic king Reccared about 600, and afterwards converted into a mosque.
- The reigns of Leovigild and of his son Reccared are the greatest in the list of the Visigoth kingdom in Spain.Advertisement
- To secure the succession in his family he associated his sons T-Iermenegild and Reccared with himself.
- The reign of Reccared (586601) is famous in Spanish history for the establishment of Catholicism as the religion ofthe state.
- Reccared must have seen from the example of the Franks that the support of the Church was a great element of strength for the Crown.
- If Reccared hoped to secure the perpetuance of his dynasty he was mistaken.
- A succession of obscure priests kings, who are but names, followed: Gunthemar (610612), Sisebut (612620), Reccared II.Advertisement
- But from the reign of Reccared till the Arab invasion they met sixteen times in all, generally at Toledo in the church of Santa Leocadia.
- Reccared -.
- Reccared II.