Rdw sentence example
- Electronic cell counters calculate the MCH, MCHC, hematocrit, and an additional parameter called the red cell distribution width (RDW).
- The RDW is a measure of the variance in red blood cell size.
- A large RDW indicates abnormal variation in cell size, termed anisocytosis.
- The RDW aids in differentiating anemias that have similar indices.
- However, iron deficiency anemia has an abnormally wide RDW, but thalassemia minor does not.Advertisement
- Red cell distribution width (RDW)-A measure of the variation in size of red blood cells.