Rduber sentence example
- In 1776 some specimens of Schiller's lyric poetry had appeared in a magazine, and in1777-1778he completed his drama, Die Rduber, which was read surreptitiously to an admiring circle of schoolmates.
- Meanwhile Die Rduber, which Schiller had been obliged to publish.
- In this respect, Schiller's Rduber is one of the most vital German dramas of the 18th century.
- A second surreptitious visit to Mannheim came, however, to the ears of the duke, who was also irritated by a complaint from Switzerland about an uncomplimentary reference to Graubunden in Die Rduber.
- Neither play is as spontaneous or inspired as Die Rduber had been; but both mark a steady advance in characterization and in the technical art of the playwright.Advertisement
- The two poets had first met in 1788, but at that time Goethe, fresh from Italy, felt little inclination towards the author of the turbulent dramas Die Rduber, Kabale and Liebe and Don Carlos.