Ravenstein sentence example
- Ravenstein's map of Ben Nevis (1887) first employed the colours of the spectrum, viz.
- The general laws of internal migration may be summarized (according to Ravenstein) as follows: I.
- Ravenstein's maps (scale :250,000) of the Swiss Alps (2 sheets) and of the Eastern Alps (8 sheets) include the whole chain, save that portion south of the range of Mont Blanc.
- In 1870 Mr Ravenstein reckoned the total number of Roman Catholics in England as slightly under a million, of whom about 750,000 were Irish, and 50,000 foreigners.
- 1,587,000,000 In round numbers the population of the world is about 1,600,000,000, and, according to an estimate by Ravenstein, 4 the maximum population which it will be possible for the earth to maintain is 6000 millions, a number which, if the average rate of increase in 1891 continued, would be reached within 200 years.Advertisement