Raumer sentence example
- In 1829 he went to Berlin, where Schleiermacher, Hengstenberg, Neander, Ranke and Raumer were among his teachers.
- FRIEDRICH LUDWIG GEORG VON RAUMER (1781-1873), German historian, was born at Worlitz in Anhalt on the 14th of May 1781.
- After the breakdown of the German parliament, Raumer returned to Berlin, where he was made a member of the first chamber of the Prussian parliament.
- Raumer's style is direct, lucid and vigorous, and in his day he was a popular historian, but judged by strictly scientific standards he does not rank among the first men of his time.
- In 1830 Raumer began the Historisches Taschenbuch published by Brockhaus, which from 1871 was continued by Riehl.Advertisement
- 4957, 49, quoted in Raumer, Hohenstaufen, iv.
- von Raumer, Geschichte der Hohenstaufen and ihrer Zeit (Leipzig, 1878); B.
- Friedrich Ludwig Georg von Raumer >>
- von Raumer, Geschichte der Hohenstaufen and ihrer Zeit (5th ed., 6 vols., Leipzig, 1878); A.
- See Raumer's Geschichte der Pddogogik, and Carpzov's Religionsuntersuchung der bOhmischen and mdhrischen Briider.Advertisement
- von Raumer's Geschichte d.
- Within the first ten years of its existence it counted among its professors such names as Neander, Savigny, Eichhorn, Bockh, Bekker, Hegel, Raumer, Niebuhr and Buttmann.
- After studying at the Joachimsthal Gymnasium, Berlin, and at the universities of Halle and GÃƒ¶ttingen, Raumer began to practise law, and rose in the civil service under Hardenberg, the chancellor.
- Besides mentioning the encouragement bestowed by leading Germans like Goethe, Herder, Raumer, etc., on Czech poets and scholars, the book gives an appreciative account of the Emperor Joseph.