Rathbone sentence example
- As Dean entered the house, Sherlock Holmes was lecturing Watson in a voice sounding very much like Basil Rathbone while a radio across the room was playing soft music.
- The state penal institutions are the boys' industrial school near Lancaster (established in 1854 as a Reform Farm), the girls' industrial home (1869) at Rathbone near Delaware, the reformatory at Mansfield (authorized 1884, opened 1896) and the penitentiary at Columbus (1816).
- In 1792 the quantity exported from the United States was only 1 It is related that in the year 1784 William Rathbone, an American merchant resident in Liverpool, received from one of his correspondents in the southern states a consignment of eight bags of cotton, which on its arrival in Liverpool was seized by the customhouse officers, on the allegation that it could not have been grown in the United States, and that it was liable to seizure under the Shipping Acts, as not being imported in a vessel belonging to the country of its growth.
- Rathbone (1819-1901) in 1861-1862, taught in the Albany Academy in 1862-1865, and was editor of the Albany Express in 1865-1870; joined the staff of the Albany Journal in 1870, and was editor-in-chief of this paper from 1876 to 1880.
- Brandishing a huge knife, with which he wounded Colonel Rathbone who attempted to hold him, the assassin rushed through the stage-box to the front and leaped down upon the stage, escaping behind the scenes and from the rear of the building, but was pursued, and twelve days afterwards shot in a barn where he had concealed himself.Advertisement
- In the following year he published a paper on the analysis of one of the London pump-waters (from Rathbone Place, Oxford Street), which is closely connected with the memoirs just mentioned, since it shows that the calcareous matter in that water is held in solution by the "fixed air" present and can be precipitated by lime.
- Liverpool pioneered the use of trained nurses in workhouses through an experiment in 1865 funded by local philanthropist William Rathbone.
- Bruce's Watson is a humourous foil to Rathbone's intense seriousness - although Holmes himself is not averse to the odd witty quip.
- Bruce 's Watson is a humourous foil to Rathbone 's intense seriousness - although Holmes himself is not averse to the odd witty quip.
- While Jackson Rathbone has been a part of many television shows, he has not been a part of many movies.Advertisement
- Jackson Rathbone got so worked up during the fight scene at Bella's birthday party that he actually knocked down Elizabeth Reaser.
- Rathbone was so into character that his co-stars had to physically restrain him during the scene.