Rast sentence example
- During a long and active life, he played many parts: professor of mathematics at the Elphinstone college (1854) founder of the Rast Goftar newspaper; partner in a Parsi business firm in London (1855); prime minister of Baroda (1874); member of the Bombay legislative council (1885); M.P. for Central Finsbury (1892-1895), being the first Indian to be elected to the House of Commons; three times president of the Indian National Congress.
- As time passed, and custom created familiarity, his style, personal and literary, was seen to be the outward symbol of a firm resolve to preserve a philosophic calm, and of an enormous underlying energy which spent itself in labour, "ohne Hast, aber auch ohne Rast."
- He's also got his own line of clothing under the label William Rast, and has become a men's fashion icon in his own right.
- Justin Timberlake and his childhood friend launched the clothing line William Rast in 2005.
- In radio-allergosorbent allergy testing (RAST), blood serum is combined with a specific concentration of potential allergens in a test tube, and the mixture is tested for antibody/antigen reactions.Advertisement
- It is sometimes performed to determine if symptoms develop on exposure to allergens identified in skin or RAST tests.
- Radio-allergosorbent testing (RAST) is a laboratory test performed on those who may be too sensitive to risk exposure to allergens through skin testing or when medications or skin conditions make testing unreliable.
- RAST testing involves obtaining a blood sample, usually venous blood from a vein in the arm.
- Provocation testing is done in some cases to confirm associations between exposure to certain allergens and the subsequent development of symptoms when skin testing or RAST tests have indicated possible sensitivity.
- The RAST test will usually require that a venous blood sample be drawn to obtain sufficient serum for the test.Advertisement
- If a blood sample has been drawn for RAST testing, a bandage may be applied to the venipuncture site to help keep it clean and to stop slight bleeding that may occur.
- One of the tests allergists use is called the RAST (Radio-Allergo-Sorbent Test).
- Like the skin-prick test, RAST and other antibody tests have a high rate of false positives.
- Radioallergosorbent assay test (RAST) or skin testing can identify food hypersensitivity.