Rashbam sentence example
- RASHBAM (1085-1174), Jewish.
- Rashbam adopts a natural (as distinct from a homiletical and traditional) method; thus (in agreement with the modern school) Rashbam (on Gen.
- Another famous interpretation was Rashbam's view that the much disputed phrase in Gen.
- Rashbam's notes on the Bible are remarkable for brevity, but when he comments on the Talmud - he wrote explanations on several tracts - he is equally noted for prolixity.
- Rashi had no sons, but his three daughters were women of culture, and two of the sons of Jochebed (see Rashbam and TAM), as well as others of his descendants, carried on the family tradition for learning, adding lustre to Rashi's fame.Advertisement