Rare-earth-metals sentence example
- It combines directly with lithium, calcium and magnesium when heated, whilst nitrides of the rare earth metals are also produced when their oxides are mixed with magnesium and heated in a current of nitrogen (C. Matignon, Comptes rendus, 1900, 131, p. 837).
- The rare earth metals are found in the minerals gadolinite, samarskite, fergusonite, euxenite and cerite.
- SCANDIUM [[[symbol]] Sc, atomic weight 44.1 (0=16)1, one of the rare earth metals.
- In a somewhat impure condition it may be obtained by the reduction of vanadium pentoxide with a mixture of the rare earth metals which are obtained by reduction of the waste oxides formed in the manufacture of thoria (Weiss and Aichel, Ann., 1904, 337, p..
- GADOLINIUM (symbol Gd., atomic weight 157.3), one of the rare earth metals (see Erbium).Advertisement