Rapti sentence example
- BALRAMPUR, a town of British India near the river Rapti,.
- It stretches out in one vast marshy plain, draining towards the south-east, and traversed by the Rapti, Kuana, Banganga, Masdih, Jamwar, Ami and Katneihia rivers.
- Four great rivers traverse or skirt the plain of Oudh in converging courses - the Ganges, the Gumti, the Gogra and the Rapti.
- In addition there are the following secondary streams: the Kalinadi and the Hindan flow through the Doab; the Chambal intersects the trans-Jumna tract; in Bundelkhand the principal streams are the Betwa and the Ken; the Ramgana, rising in Garhwal, pursues a tortuous course through Rohilkhand; the Gumti flows past Lucknow and Jaunpur to join the Ganges; the trans-Gogra region is divided into two nearly equal parts by the Rapti.
- below the level of the plateau; and (3) on the east, another lesser area of depression, comprising the basin of the Rapti.Advertisement
- The Gogra skirts the district for 114 m.; and the Rapti, with its branch the Bhalka, drains the high grounds.