Rapp sentence example
- The founder, George Rapp, after livingwith his would-be primitive Christian followers at Harmony, Butler county, Pennsylvania, in 1803-1814, and in 1815-1824 in New Harmony, Indiana, which he then sold to Robert Owen, settled here in 1824 and rapidly built up a village, in which each family received a house and garden.
- Three hundred thus separated from Rapp in 1833, with $105,000 as their share of the communal property, to build the millennial kingdom of New Jerusalem at Phillipsburg (now Monaca), Beaver county, Pennsylvania, under the lead of Bernhard Muller, who had come to Economy in 1831 as a fellow religionist, and was called Count Maximilian de Leon (or Proli); in 1833 Leon went, with his followers, to Louisiana, and established a religious colony 6 m.
- Baker, or Romelius Langenbacher, after the death of Rapp in 1847, and during the Civil War had about $500,000 buried away.
- Weber, Das Thal Passeyr and seine Bewohner mit besonderer Riicksicht auf Andreas Hofer and das Jahr 180p (Innsbruck, 1851); Rapp, Tirol im Jahr 1809 (Innsbruck, 1852); Weidinger, Andreas Hofer and seine Kampfgenossen (3rd ed., Leipzig, 1861); Heigel, Andreas Hofer (Munich, 1874); Stampfer, Sandwirt Andreas Hofer (Freiburg, 1874); Schmolze, Andreas Hofer and seine Kampfgenossen (Innsbruck, 1900).
- Well, Rapp, do you think we shall do good business today?Advertisement
- "Without doubt, sire," replied Rapp.
- "Do you remember, sire, what you did me the honor to say at Smolensk?" continued Rapp.
- But the Guards, Rapp, the Guards are intact? he remarked interrogatively.
- "Yes, sire," replied Rapp.
- Napoleon ordered another glass to be brought for Rapp, and silently sipped his own.Advertisement
- "Do you know, Rapp, what military art is?" asked he.
- Rapp made no reply.