Rapin sentence example
- When three years old he read eagerly such works as Rapin's History and began the study of Latin.
- PAUL DE RAPIN (1661-1725), sieur of Thoyras, French historian, was the son of Jacques de Rapin, avocat at Castres (Tarn), where he was born on the 25th of March 1661.
- The revocation of the Edict of Nantes in 1685, and the death of his father led him to come to England; but, unable to find employment there, he crossed to Holland and enlisted in the company of French volunteers at Utrecht commanded by Daniel de Rapin, his cousin-german.
- Rapin was also the author of a Dissertation sur les Whigs et les Torys (1717).
- Rapin's history of England was almost the only one available in France in the first half of the 18th century.Advertisement
- It included, besides Hearne's Ductor historicus and the successive volumes of the Universal History, which was then in course of publication, Littlebury's Herodotus, Spelman's Xenophon, Gordon's Tacitus, an anonymous translation of Procopius; "many crude lumps of Speed, Rapin, Mezeray, Davila, Machiavel, Father Paul, Bower, &c., were hastily gulped.
- 1652), Rene Rapin (d.