Ranza sentence example
- There is daily winter communication with Brodick and Lamlash by steamer from Ardrossan, and in summer by many steamers which call not only at these piers, but at Corrie,Whiting Bay and Loch Ranza.
- Loch Ranza, an arm of the sea, is one of the most beautiful in Scotland.
- The oldest rocks, consisting of slate, mica-schists and grits, which have been correlated with the metamorphic series of the eastern Highlands, form an incomplete ring round the granite in the north of the island and occupy the whole of the west coast from Loch Ranza south to Dougrie.
- The fisheries are of some value, Loch Ranza being an important station.
- In Glen Cloy the ruins of a fort bear the name of Bruce's Castle, in which his men lay concealed, and on the southern arm of Loch Ranza stands a picturesque ruined castle which is said to have been his hunting-seat.Advertisement