Ranulph sentence example
- In 1131 Ranulph, 2nd earl of Chester, introduced the Cistercians.
- Henry's legal and administrative reforms are illustrated by the Tractatus de legibus attributed to Ranulph Glanville, his chief justiciar (ed.
- Ranulph, his first treasurer and representative at Ely, had been extortionate and dishonest, and the monks accused Nigel, probably with some justification, of spending the estates and treasures of the see in maintaining knights and gaining court influence.
- north-east of it, are the massive ruins of Norham Castle, made famous by Scott's Marmion, and from the time of its building by Ranulph Flambard in 1121 a focus of Border history during four centuries.
- All these gifts were confirmed by Ranulph, son of William de Meschines, the first grantee.Advertisement