Ransome sentence example
- The shares, when made of the same material, required constant sharpening; this necessity was removed by the device, patented by Robert Ransome in 1803, of chilling and so hardening the under-surface of the share; the upper surface, which is soft, then wears away more quickly than the chilled part, whereby a sharp edge is always assured.
- plough was known as early as the 17th century, but, till the introduction of the latter device by Ransome in 1873, cannot be said to have been in successful use.
- Ransome, Geology and Gold Deposits of the Cripple Creek District, Colorado, with maps (Washington, 5906), being Professional Paper No.
- (2) In the Ransome system round bars are rejected in favour of square bars, which have been twisted in a lathe in "barley FIG.
- Ransome, The Engineer in South Africa (1903); Gardner F.Advertisement
- Mrs. Ransome, to her great consternation, saw them in the water.
- Ransome was born in Leeds in 1884, educated at Rugby and became a passionate fisherman from a very young age.
- Weakened by dysentery, Ransome returned to Britain in October, and as a result missed the Bolshevik insurrection four weeks later.
- tenor sax man Atholl Ransome will be on BBC TV's Song's of Praise soon playing with the band.
- Tenor sax man Atholl Ransome will be on BBC TV 's Song 's of Praise soon playing with the band.Advertisement
- Peter Duck by Arthur Ransome Two schooners race across the Atlantic in search of buried treasure.