Ranavalona sentence example
- The bright prospects thus opening up were clouded by the death of Radama at the age of thirty-six, and the seizure of the royal authority by one of his wives, the Princess Ranavalona.
- At the death of Rasoherina in 1868, she was succeeded by her cousin, Ranavalona II.
- Ranavalona II., her predecessor and her successor were successively married to the prime minister, Rainilaiarivony, a man of great ability and sagacity, who, by his position as husband and chief adviser of the sovereign, became virtual ruler of the country.
- A treaty, concluded in 1868, while establishing French consular jurisdiction in Madagascar, recognized Ranavalona II.
- It should be here noticed that the queen, Ranavalona II., died just at the beginning of the war, on the Ranavalona soon afterwards she and her husband, the prime 13th of July 1883, and was succeeded by her niece, Princess Razafindrahety, under the title of Ranavalona III., who maintained the same policy as her predecessor, and was much beloved French Pro-by her people and respected by all.Advertisement
- Queen Ranavalona III.