Ramusio sentence example
- The name is often in popular literature written Cambalu, and is by Longfellow accented in verse Cambeilic. But this spelling originates in an accidental error in Ramusio's Italian version, which was the chief channel through which Marco Polo's book was popularly known.
- Ramusio's collection first contains it in the 2nd vol.
- Shaw's Travels (1757); Leo Africanus's description of Africa in Ramusio and in Purchas's Pilgrims; Rousseau, Annales tunisiennes (Algiers, 1864); the late Sir R.
- Ramusio >>
- Ramusio, Navigazione (vol.Advertisement
- Later travellers repeat the stories, too well founded, of the ferocious hostility of the people; of whom we may instance Cesare Federici (1569), whose narrative is given in Ramusio, vol.