Ramree sentence example
- It consists of, first, a strip of mainland along the Bay of Bengal, extending from the An pass, across the main range, to the Ma-i River, and, secondly, the large islands of Ramree and Cheduba, with many others to the south, lying off the coast of Sandoway.
- Between the mainland and Ramree lies a group of islands separated by deep, narrow, salt-water inlets, forming the north-eastern shore of Kyaukpyu harbour, which extends for nearly 30 m.
- along Ramree in a south-easterly direction, and has an average breadth of 3 m.
- The coast is studded with islands, the most important of which are Cheduba, Ramree and Shahpura.
- The division has its headquarters at Akyab and consists of four districts - namely, Akyab, Northern Arakan Hill Tracts, Sandoway and Kyaukpyu, formerly called Ramree.Advertisement