Ramleh sentence example
- suburb known generally as Ramleh, which stretches along the coast, and is served by a local railway.
- (2) The Great Theatre, on the modern Hospital Hill near the Ramleh station.
- al-Walid, whom Abu Bekr sent in all haste from Irak to Syria, he defeated the imperial troops, commanded by Theodorus, the brother of Heraclius, not far from Ramleh in Palestine, on the 31st of July 634.
- from Ramleh, on the southern slope of a low ridge separating the plain of Philistia from Sharon.
- Next in importance of the cities of Egypt and the chief seaport is Alexandria (q.v.), pop. (with Ramleh) 370,009, on the shore of the Mediterranean at the western end of the Delta.Advertisement
- The Ikshldl governor of Damascus, a cousin of Abul-Fawaris Al3mad, endeavoured to save Syria, but was defeated at Ramleh by a general sent by Jauhar and taken prisoner.
- In August 977 Aziz met the united forces of Aftakin and his Carmathian ally outside Ramleh in Palestine and inflicted a crushing defeat on them, which was followed by the capture of Aftakin; this able officer was taken to Egypt, and honorably treated by the caliph, thereby incurring the jealousy of Jacob b.
- Of the manufactures the following call for mention: pottery (at Gaza, Ramleh and Jerusalem); soap (from olive oil, principally at Nablus); we may perhaps also extend the term to include the collecting of salt (from the Dead Sea).
- A safe conduct had to be obtained from the governor of Ramleh before the party could proceed.
- He attacked el-Jazzar in Acre, after capturing Jaffa, Ramleh and Lydd.Advertisement
- Sept. 30th The War in Egypt - Dragging a forty pounder into position at Ramleh.