Ramiro sentence example
- He resigned the crown to his brother Ramiro and went into a religious house.
- A certain instability of character is revealed by the fact that he took up arms against Ramiro, having repented of his renunciation of the world.
- Ramiro soon rid himself of his rival, and welded Sobrarbe, Ribagorza and Aragon into a single kingdom, which thenceforward grew rapidly in size and power and shared with Castile the chief part in the struggle against the Moors.
- Tradition gives the foundation of the Order of Knights of St James of Compostella to Ramiro II., king of Leon, in the 10th century, to commemorate a victory over theMoors, but, historically:the order dates from the confirmation in 1175 by Pope Alexander III.
- The date of its reconquest is uncertain, but it must have been before the time of Ramiro I.Advertisement
- The influences which by the 13th century had abolished serfdom in western Spain were all at work before the reign of Ramiro II.
- The anarchy which broke out in the northwest, the kingdom now called Leon, on the death of Ramiro II.
- Navarre was left by Sancho to another son, Garcia, while the small Christian states of the central Pyrenees, Aragon and Sobrarbe with the Ribagorza went to his other sons, Ramiro Sanchez and Gonzalo.
- In Aragon the successors of Ramiro Sanchez had begun to press close on Saragossa when the Almorvide invasion took place.
- He left his kingdom by will to the Knights of the Temple and the Hospital, but the barons of Aragon paid no attention to his wish, and drew his brother Ramiro, a monk, from his cell to continue the royal line.Advertisement
- Ramiro, having been first ex-claustrated by the pope, married Agnes of Aquitaine, and on the birth of his daughter Petronilla affianced her to Ramon Berenguer (Raymond Berenger), count of Barcelona, and then retired to his cell at Narbonne~ Union of This marriage united Aragon and Catalonia for ever,Aragonand and marks a great step forward in the constitution Calalonia.
- - 924931 Son of Ordoflo; became a monk at Sahagun, and was succeeded by his brother Ramiro.
- Bermudo II., 982999 Son of Ordoflo III.,was supported The Gouty against his cousin Ramiro III.
- He di vided his various dominions Navarre to Garcia, Castile to I Fernando,Sobrarbeto Gonzalo, and Aragon to Ramiro San chez, a natural son.
- Historic kingdom of Aragon Ramiro Sanchez1035-1067Natural son of Sancho ci Mayor of Navarre, who on the death of his legitimate brother Gon zalo, annexed Sobrarbe.Advertisement
- Cut steamed broccoli into small florets and add with Ramiro pepper and little radish to the chicken.