Ramesseum sentence example
- These two kings built the great columnar hall of Karnak, added a large court with pylons to Luxor, and on the west bank built the funerary temple of Seti at Kurna, and the Ramesseum with its gigantic colossus, besides other edifices of which only traces remain.
- at Kurna; then follow the Ramesseum and Medinet Habu; and the foundations of many others can be traced.
- The Ramesseum contains the remains of a stupendous seated colossus, in black granite, of its builder Rameses II., thrown on its face.
- Professor Petrie has indeed suggested, chiefly on chronological grounds, that a table of stars on the ceiling of the Ramesseum temple and another in the tomb of Rameses VI.
- Yet very few great monuments were originated by him; even the Ramesseum, his funerary temple, was begun by his father.Advertisement
- in height, exceeding in scale even the greatest of the Theban colossi which he had erected in his mortuary temple of the Ramesseum.