Ramballe sentence example
- It is I, Ramballe, who tell you so....
- Ramballe, with genuine distress and sympathy in his face, went up to Pierre and bent over him.
- Ramballe emptied his too, again pressed Pierre's hand, and leaned his elbows on the table in a pensive attitude.
- (Ramballe despised both these kinds of love equally: the one he considered the "love of clodhoppers" and the other the "love of simpletons.") L'amour which the Frenchman worshiped consisted principally in the unnaturalness of his relation to the woman and in a combination of incongruities giving the chief charm to the feeling.
- While listening to these love stories his own love for Natasha unexpectedly rose to his mind, and going over the pictures of that love in his imagination he mentally compared them with Ramballe's tales.Advertisement
- Urged on by Ramballe's questions he also told what he had at first concealed--his own position and even his name.
- That something shameful was his yesterday's conversation with Captain Ramballe.
- Pierre remembered Ramballe, and named him and his regiment and the street where the house was.
- The exhausted French officer was Ramballe and the man with his head wrapped in the shawl was Morel, his orderly.
- Ramballe refused food and resting his head on his elbow lay silent beside the campfire, looking at the Russian soldiers with red and vacant eyes.Advertisement
- Morel, pointing to his shoulders, tried to impress on the soldiers the fact that Ramballe was an officer and ought to be warmed.
- A Russian officer who had come up to the fire sent to ask his colonel whether he would not take a French officer into his hut to warm him, and when the messenger returned and said that the colonel wished the officer to be brought to him, Ramballe was told to go.
- "You won't do it again, eh?" said one of the soldiers, winking and turning mockingly to Ramballe.
- They surrounded Ramballe, lifted him on the crossed arms of two soldiers, and carried him to the hut.