Ramah sentence example
- However, Baasha at length seized Ramah about five miles north of Jerusalem, and the very existence of Judah was threatened.
- Ramah is presumably er-Ram, 5 m.
- Samuel in his later days appears presiding over the exercises of a group of nebhiim at Ramah, where they seem to have had a sort of coenobium (Naioth), but he was not himself a nabhia - that name is never applied to him except in I Sam.
- In the pre-Deuteronomic period altars are erected in any place where there had appeared to be a manifestation of deity, or under any circumstance in which the aid of deity was invoked; not by heretical individuals, but by the acknowledged religious leaders, such as Noah at Ararat, Abraham at Shechem, Bethel &c., Isaac at Beersheba, Jacob at Bethel, Moses at Rephidim, Joshua at Ebal, Gideon at Ophrah, Samuel at Ramah, Elijah at Carmel, and others.
- His philosophy was expounded in an Arabic work better known under its Hebrew title Emunah Ramah (Sublime Faith).Advertisement
- Baasha succeeded in fortifying Ramah (er-Ram), 5 m.
- Galilee was invaded and Baasha was forced to return; the building material which he had collected at Ramah being used by Asa to fortify Geba, and Mizpah to the immediate north of Jerusalem.