Rail at sentence example
- If therefore the outer rail is laid at a level above that of the inner rail at the curve, overturning will be resisted more than would be the case if both rails were in the same horizontal plane, since the tilting of the vehicle due to this " superelevation " diminishes the overturning moment, and also increases the restoring moment, by shortening in the one case and lengthening in the other the lever arms at which the respective forces act.
- News had now been received of the arrival of Austrian reinforcements by rail at the capital both from Hungary and Italy, and of the preparation of a strong line of provisional defences along the Florisdorf position directly in front of Vienna.
- The biga itself consists of a seat resting on the axle, with a rail at each side to protect the driver from the wheels.
- The hammers are attached to small hinged flaps glued to a rail at the back of the keyboard.
- Inside each is a full height hanging rail at the top.Advertisement
- Where warehouses or station buildings run parallel to the quay line, the high truck is often extended, so as to span the whole quay; on one side the " long leg " runs on a rail at the quay edge, and on the other the " short leg " runs on a runway placed on the building.
- Sports enthusiasts who wear pantyhose for increased stamina, or those with medical conditions that require the level of support pantyhose offer, tend to rail at the term "pantyhose," and with some validation.