Raidan sentence example
- Aeizanes and his successors style themselves kings of the Axumites, Homerites (Himyar), Raidan, the Ethiopians (Habasat), the Sabaeans, Silee, Tiamo, the Bugaites (Bega) and Kasu.
- The title taken by the new rulers was " king of Saba and Raidan."
- The title assumed by them was " king of Saba, Raidan, Hadramut and Yemen."
- And the Ethiopians were not without successes, for on the Greek inscription of Axum (c. the middle of the 4th century) King Aeizanes calls himself " king of the Axumites, the Homerites, and Raidan, and of the Ethiopians, Sabaeans, and Silee."
- But the rulers named can be assigned to three periods, according as they bear the title " mukrab of Saba," " king of Saba," or " king of Saba and Raidan."Advertisement
- Mus., 33) was made by " Ilsharh Yandib and Ya'zil Bayyin, the two kings of Saba and Raidan, sons of Farm Yanhab, king of Saba."