Ragnvald sentence example
- Olaf Tryggvason, the king of Norway, Christi- had married his sister Ingibiorg to Ragnvald, earl anity.
- Trifling border-quarrels followed, but in 1017 a truce was arranged between Norway and Vestergotland, where Earl Ragnvald was still in power.
- Olaf of Norway now sent his marshal Bjorn to Ragnvald to arrange a peace.
- Ragnvald brought him to a great assembly at Upsala in February 1018.
- The marriage, however, never got beyond the betrothal stage, and at Earl Ragnvald's suggestion Astrid, her half-sister, was substituted, contrary to the will of Olaf Skottkonung.Advertisement
- Such was the anger of the king that Ragnvald was forced to accompany Ingeger5 to Russia, where she was married to the grand-duke Jaroslav at Novgorod.
- He was the son of a certain Ragnvald, perhaps connected with the Vestergotland Ragnvald, of the reign of Olaf Skottkonung.