Raevski sentence example
- Have you heard of Raevski's exploit?
- He recounted how Raevski had led his two sons onto the dam under terrific fire and had charged with them beside him.
- That's Semenovsk, yes, there, he pointed to Raevski's knoll.
- Pierre went to the right, and unexpectedly encountered one of Raevski's adjutants whom he knew.
- Pierre did not find his groom and rode along the hollow with the adjutant to Raevski's Redoubt.Advertisement
- This was Raevski, who had spent the whole day at the most important part of the field of Borodino.
- Raevski reported that the troops were firmly holding their ground and that the French no longer ventured to attack.
- "On the contrary, your Highness, in indecisive actions it is always the most stubborn who remain victors," replied Raevski, "and in my opinion..."
- While Kutuzov was talking to Raevski and dictating the order of the day, Wolzogen returned from Barclay and said that General Barclay wished to have written confirmation of the order the field marshal had given.
- Raevski, twitching forward the black hair on his temples as was his habit, glanced now at Kutuzov and now at the door with a look of impatience.Advertisement
- Ermolov, Dokhturov, and Raevski agreed with Bennigsen.
- Toward the end of the battle of Borodino, Pierre, having run down from Raevski's battery a second time, made his way through a gully to Knyazkovo with a crowd of soldiers, reached the dressing station, and seeing blood and hearing cries and groans hurried on, still entangled in the crowds of soldiers.
- In a neighboring hut lay Raevski's adjutant with a fractured wrist.
- "He's having a little fun at my expense," said Ermolov softly, nudging with his knee Raevski who was at his side.