Radowitz sentence example
- Joseph Maria Von Radowitz >>
- Prussia, however, was wholly unprepared for war; and, when this was realized, Radowitz, the foreign minister, who had so far pursued a vigorous policy, retired, and was replaced by Manteuffel, who, although the whole Prussian army was mobilized, began by making concessions.
- JOSEPH MARIA VON RADOWITZ (1797-1853), Prussian general and statesman, was born at Blankenburg in the Harz Mountains, his family being of Hungarian origin.
- In November 1847 and March 1848 Radowitz was sent by King Frederick William to Vienna to attempt to arrange common action for the reconstruction of the German Confederation.
- See Hassel, Joseph Maria von Radowitz (Berlin, 1905, &c.).Advertisement
- He took also a considerable part in the debates on the foreign policy of the Prussian government; he defended the government for not accepting the Frankfort constitution, and opposed the policy of Radowitz, on the ground that the Prussian king would be subjected to the control of a non-Prussian parliament.
- 2), Radowitz resigning as a protest.
- Radowitz published, in addition to several political treatises, Ikonographie der Heiligen,, ein Beitrag zur Kunstgeschichte (Berlin, 1834) and Devisen and Mottos des spdtern Mittelalters (ib., 1850).